This is a Further Research Plan, the idea behind this would be able to document photography and create an archive to reference from a first hand perspective. THIS DOCUMENT IS INCOMPLETE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR DELETATION
Using Glyphs/Markings; the language consists of many marking for navigation, Names and warnings.
“Symbols are a visual representation of the in-game civilisation’s language as well as its written form used by the in-game species”. They (Symbols/Language) are one of the key elements of a game’s art style and design.
In typography, a glyph is an elemental symbol within an agreed set of symbols, intended to represent a readable character
360° GoPro Fusion Camera – Ideal for capturing panoramic shots of landscape, easily transferable to Virtual Reality
DSLR Canon / Tripod
Virtual Reality Headset (Oculus Quest) Possible Oculus Go may be ideal for Travel for importing 360 photography viewing.
MSI Gaming Laptop – Document research while out
WD Harddrive – Back up research
The combination of ice sheet and fast moving glacier calving into a fjord is a phenomenon that only occurs in Greenland and Antarctica. Annually, over 10% of all Greenland’s icebergs calve from Ilulissat Icefjord, producing more ice than any other glacier outside Antarctica.
Flowing from the icefjord is the Jakobshavn Glacier, which together with the icefjord sends 35 billion tonnes (46km3) of icebergs into the surrounding Disko Bay every year.
- 4 main hiking trails
- Information board and map at the Old Heliport; 15 minute walk from the centre of Ilulissat
SERMERMIUT WORLD HERITAGE TRAIL
Distance: 1.2km│Duration: 1 hour │Start/Finish: Old Heliport
- Sermermiut was an Inuit settlement, inhabited from as early as 600BC. It was abandoned in 1850 when the last remaining resident moved to Ilulissat, which was then known as Jakobshavn.
- The boardwalk runs around the ruins of Sermermiut – where it’s still possible to see some remnants of the settlement
- Possible to view icefjord from various cliffs (safe to climb)
Distance: 2.7km│Duration: 1 – 2 hour │Start/Finish: Old Heliport/Power Plant
- Offers elevated view of the kay and icefjord around Sermermiut
- Wider views of the icebergs in Disko Bay
- Trail follows the coastal cliffs. Below is the main waterway which carries the astronomical tonnage of ice out to sea every year. As such, it is always littered with icebergs.
Distance: 7km│Duration: 2 – 3 hour │Start/Finish: Old Heliport/Quarry
- Recommended to walk trail starting at the Quarry Island.
- Trail reaches a small bay where the congested oceanfront is swamped with icebergs of all shapes and sizes.
Distance: 7km│Duration: 2 – 3 hour │Start/Finish: Old Heliport/Blue Route
- Sled dogs (DO NOT APPROACH ADULT DOGS)
- Alt route to Blue Route